Wednesday 11 June 2008

Sorry! It's been too long...

Sorry that it has been so long since I last posted... I have been manic; after filling in all those applications, I have visited one school informally (in Middlesex, wanted a teacher of Italian post) and had two interviews (for Teacher of French posts).

At the weekend, my fiance and I went to a wedding in Wrexham, which was great fun (no photos, sorry) and I even managed to get him up and dancing for about 30 seconds.. progress! Then on Sunday afternoon, I drove to Middlesex to visit the school. That evening I drove to Southampton to stay with my sister before an interview on Tuesday. I had to get up at 0600 to be at the school by 0815... but it was all worth it in the end; I GOT THE JOB! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

You might have noticed that I am really quite excited; I will have my own classroom, and I will teach French to Key Stage 3. It is a lovely school, in the middle of no-where near Southampton. The staff seem so friendly and the head mistress even made us a cup of tea! I can't wait... Oh, and I am going to be a year 7 tutor, so I will grow as they do!

Tonight I am lesson planning for tomorrow... and at the weekend, my Mum and I are going to the Good Food show in Birmingham to meet up with some fellow foodies from Violet's Pantry. I can't wait! Now I can really relax, and focus on my last few weeks as a student teacher!

For all other PGCE Students out there; keep going with the silly applications; I had almost given up hope but got there in the end!

1 comment:

Thinking About Food said...

Really thrilled you are now 'gainfully employed'! Good luck with the new job!