Monday 18 January 2010

The wedding countdown begins

Well, I have been utterly useless at blogging; it has been nearly 18 months since I last posted on here. Sorry!

I think that I may re-appropriate the blog, to include a hobby that has moved from being a tiny part of my life, to being pretty time consuming! I love to knit.

I have knitted for years, but in the last couple of years I have really got into it. Last year was a challenging year, completing my NQT year, and living the other end of the country to my fiance. I managed, and actually enjoyed it, but it was hard. The weekend train journeys home allowed me to do lots of knitting, and I really love it. It gives me something productive to do, no matter where I am and what else I should be doing.

I have made lots of things for my nieces and for my nephew, and am now the aunty that knits.... As such, I have decided to undertake possibly the stupidest, most challenging knitting project of MY LIFE! I am planning to knit my wedding veil.

Yes, you saw that right. My veil.

I don't like any of the ones that I found in the shop, and don't want to pay £150 for one, so I am going to knit a cobweb lace shawl, which I will gather in the centre and pin up, then in the evening I will be able to wear it as a shawl.

I am about to order some cobweb lace yarn from an amazing little company in Wales, called Fyberspates It will be ivory, and very very fine....

Wish me luck!

No comments: